To provide a full tender package, design, procurement and project management services throughout the duration of the project. The works comprised of a replacement of the fire damaged roof and a replacement of water and fire damaged mechanical and electrical services, floor finishings, furniture and redecorations.
The site is a large PFI primary school. Half of the site was seriously damaged by fire and closed for the duration of the works. The remaining half continued to operate, bringing challenges for the on site team, including issues such as noise levels, access restrictions, site cleanliness and extreme regard to safety in the presence of young children.
Task and Outcome:
- The key objective was to achieve a fully operational school in the shortest feasible time
- Initial focus was on getting the school completely watertight
- Validated the condition of the fire damaged structure, fabric and building services, before producing and tendering for various packages of work
- Undertook a contract administration role, dealing with contract variations, valuations, progress updates and contractual issues
- Liaised closely with the school and involved the teaching staff and students in the rehabilitation of their school
- Liaised with the PFI funders on behalf of MITIE on all matters
Featherstone Primary School – Fire Damage Reinstatement
MITIE PFI Ltd